Important Information Regarding COVID-19
The safety and health of our patients and our staff is our top priority, so even as more people are vaccinated and pandemic restrictions are lifted, we will continue to follow guidance from the state, Centers for Disease Control, American Dental Association, and Occupational Safety and Health Administration:
- When you make an appointment, our staff will ask CDC-recommended COVID-19 screening questions.
- The CDC-recommended COVID-19 screening questions will be repeated when we confirm your appointment.
- Please bring and wear a mask into our office.
- When you arrive in our parking lot, please call us at 336-274-1950 to let us know you arrived. We are limiting the number of people in the reception area. If there is room, you can choose to come in or you can wait in your car until your appointment time.
- We ask that only the patient come into the office unless the patient is a minor, needs an interpreter, or has another extenuating circumstance.
- During the height of the pandemic, we invited patients to pay as they arrived for their appointment. That has been well received, so we will continue to offer that option. When you call as you arrive in our parking lot, staff will let you know your portion of the cost of your treatment for that day. You can give us your credit card then, prewrite a check, or pay when you come in.
- Before we take you to a treatment room, we will take your forehead temperature. If you are running a fever, we will ask you to reschedule.
- Post op instructions will include a reminder to call the office to report any COVID-19 symptoms you experience within 14 days of your appointment.
For information on the COVID vaccines and to make an appointment, go to:
For further information, including measures to keep yourself healthy, visit the following links: