Important Information Regarding COVID-19
We Will Open Monday, May 11
While we are all looking forward to resuming our normal habits, the current pandemic requires some “new normals.” We have always exceeded guidelines for infection control, and our new normal means adding additional, stringent disinfection measures and patient protocols as recommended by the ADA, CDC and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
The safety and health of our patients and our staff is our top priority, so you will notice some changes when you make an appointment and visit our office:
- We are reducing the number of patients we see in a day so that we can maintain physical distancing and allow more time for disinfection between patients.
- When you make an appointment, our staff will ask CDC-recommended COVID-19 screening questions.
- The CDC-recommended COVID-19 screening questions will be repeated when we confirm your appointment.
- Please bring and wear a mask into our office.
- When you arrive in our parking lot, please call us at 336-274-1950 to let us know you arrived. Please be prepared to wait in your car. We will call you when your treatment room is available. We do this to avoid having anyone in the reception area.
- We ask that only the patient come into the office unless the patient is a minor, needs an interpreter, or has another extenuating circumstance.
- To make interactions as contactless as possible, when you call as you arrive in our parking lot, staff will notify you of your portion of the cost of your treatment for that day. We will ask for your credit card number to run or ask that you pre-write a check while in the car. Please let us know if you are not comfortable with that.
- When you are called into the office from your car, please use the hand sanitizer at our front door when entering. Please wear your mask.
- When you come inside, staff will ask CDC-recommended COVID-19 screening questions and fill out a screening form, which you will be asked to sign. We will also take your forehead temperature. If you are clear, we will take you directly to your treatment room.
- We will make any necessary return appointments either in the treatment room or at the front desk.
- Post op instructions will include a reminder to call the office to report any COVID-19 symptoms you experience within 14 days of your appointment.
Staff will disinfect all touchable surfaces in the office between patients.
For further information, including measures to keep yourself healthy, visit the following links: